Beginner Builder series 75% done! will probably never be finished. :(

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

And so it begins...

Welcome to
Freeware Wire!

Here's a few things you might want to know:

What is "freeware"?
Merriam-webster defines "freeware" as: "software that is available for use at no cost or for a nominal usually voluntary fee." So basically, freeware is free! There is a subtle difference between "freeware" and "shareware." Freeware is 100% free, but shareware is basically a limited trial. Usually there is either a time limit on use, or limited features in the trial version. I do not consider shareware as freeware (because it isn't), so I will not be making any posts about any shareware (with a few exceptions.)
Why freeware?
I love computers. One of my greatest hobbies is scouring the internet for new freeware to make life more fun and easy. I believe that, with a few exceptions, software should be free. By that I mean that people out there can make programs as good, and alot of times better than the big corporate companies. I do not believe in piracy, and therefore I do not believe that programs acquired illegally are "freeware."
What is "FreewareWire"?
Good question. See, in all my quests as a freeware seeker, there are few really good sites that I have come across. Sure, there are places like download.com, but really, how do you know what you're downloading? Every article is written by the maker of the program, so you never know if that freeware is the one that you want. In addition, alot of sites (that are very good) are not solely about freeware, and it's somewhat difficult to find what you want. FreewareWire is a way to stay "plugged in" to freeware.
So you're trying to compete with other sites?
No. I am in no way in competition with other freeware sites. I think that freeware is all about helping each other, so how could one site be in competition with others? I'm just trying to help people.
So this is about proving what is the best freeware then?
No. I don't believe any freeware is the "best." This is not the point of FreewareWire. The point is not to declare the "best browser" or the "best e-mail client," but the point is to give choice. Maybe Opera is faster than Firefox, but then maybe Firefox is more customizable than Opera. My point is, there are different facets that define a freeware, and it is not the point of proving what I want. That means that goes for you all too. I would prefer to have absolutely no comments about "Firefox sucks!" or "Opera sucks!" Present your statement about what you have found in a clear concise manner.
Is that all?
No. In addition to the blog, you can find FreewareWire on Youtube as well at www.youtube.com/user/FreewareWire
But keep in mind, the video channel is a supplement to the blog, not vise versa. With videos, it is so easy to show people, but not to tell. Plus a blog is alot easier to update than a video channel. Don't expect the video account to be updated as frequently as the blog.

With that, hopefully FreewareWire will launch successfully. I'm in college at the moment, so it might be a little harder to update than I want.

8 comments:

  1. People need to understand there’s a thin line between freeware and pirated software. For example, Blender is a freeware, open-source software, but cracked CAD, Maya, or Coreldraw are not okay. Downloading cracked versions come under piracy and are illegal. Most of the sites offering free software are just for click-baits to show annoying pop-ups. People will stop using pirated software only when freeware is easily accessible. Right now, for one reliable website, there are 1000s more luring people towards compromised software. Just like there are dedicated reviewing websites, for example, dedicated websites for assignment writers reviews, there’s a need to be dedicated to reviewing websites for free software.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have shared very useful information. I hope this information will Help With My Assignment. Sometimes ago I was unable to find any information related to my assignment but this post made my day. Thank you is not enough to praise. I must say keep updating such posts because they help many students to solve many problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for sharing such a piece of great information with us. Keep sharing!
    also, get the most amazing information and products ofelectrical conduit pipe fittings .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great information about software. Thanks for sharing. I will be back soon for further quality contents.
    If you are looking high quality and reliable industrial diesel generators then go and visit synergy.com today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent software knowledge. Thank you for your contribution. I'll be back soon for more high-quality content. I am a back end development servicesprovider who also does web design bolt. Thank you so much for sharing this valuable knowledge with us. Continue to share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this website so much it's really awesome. Ressichem is a manufacturer of concrete admixture in Pakistan; offers multiple varieties of concrete. Concrete Admixture increases compressive strength, durability, workability and minimizes construction costs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this website so much it's really awesome. Are you in the market for searching houses for sale in DHA Karachi? Look no further than Fatani, the premier real estate agency in Karachi for finding your dream home.

    ReplyDelete