Beginner Builder series 75% done! will probably never be finished. :(

Monday, July 13, 2009

Billy Mays Caps Lock: HERE'S HOW TO ORDER!

Let me start off this post by saying that I am not in any way mocking Billy Mays. His passing was indeed unfortunate, and, although I never actually bought any of the products he advertised, I can most definitely say that his were my favorite commercials. While I will not get all sappy and fill this post with "RIP"s and "We'll miss you"s, I will say that commercials will never be the same without him.

Caps lock is such a strange key, do we ever really use it? Besides the obnoxious kids online that seem to forget it's on, when do we need to type in all caps for an extended period of time? Well, now you can turn Capslock into something fun! With Billy Mays Caps Lock, everytime you press Capslock, Billy will spout out one of his most famous sayings.

In addition, a little Billy Mays head will rest in your tray, and you can still use Capslock if you hold any key before pressing it (ie, Shift+Capslock, Alt+Capslock, F+Capslock, etc.)


That's about it. It's a very funny little app, sure to bring you some joy. It's very small, portable, actually hosted at PortableApps, and open source. It, and all of the sounds that come with it, are only around 1mb combined, so it's also very tiny. The source is also very easy to read (only 56 lines of code), written in Autohotkey, so if you maybe want to find more soundclips, just crack open the AHK file, add it on, then drop the WAV file in the same directory as the others.

8 comments:

  1. The supply is additionally terribly simple to browse only fifty six lines of code, written in Autohotkey, thus if you perhaps need to seek out a lot of soundclips, simply crack open the AHK file, add it on, then drop the WAV move into constant directory because the others HRIS Pakistan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude… It’s not only kids that forget they’re using caps locks… My grandpa travels on the same bus too. Plus, I’m a fan of the key, like, I use caps locks all the time. Why? I’m an emotional being, that’s why. I like stressing words much like how hefty university compositions used to do me. Not anymore though, thanks to the best dissertation writing services aligning unique ideas with perfect presentation. I’ve received ‘A’ grades, those too in caps locks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw news of his death I packed my bag and I go to his funeral but at that time my teacher give me a task to complete it in 3 days I was worried that how could I complete this task then my friend gave me a suggestion that take help from Online Dissertation Help

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best online herbal stores to buy medicines produced from plants and flowers that can be used for a variety of purposes like creating natural soaps, shampoos, weight loss, hair treatment, and other health supplement products at a fair price. The best online herbal shop to name - Amazonherbal dubai

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why? I’m an emotional being, that’s why. I like stressing words much like how hefty university compositions used to do me. location film montreal

    ReplyDelete
  6. The supply is additionally terribly simple to browse only fifty six lines of code, written in Autohotkey, thus if you perhaps need to seek out a lot of soundclips. retirement planning calgary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m an emotional being, that’s why. I like stressing words much like how hefty university compositions used to do me. best financial advisor calgary

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like stressing words much like how hefty university compositions used to do me. logistics company montreal

    ReplyDelete