Beginner Builder series 75% done! will probably never be finished. :(

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Asynx Time Analyzer: Discover where your time goes.

Some people have trouble managing their time. I have trouble managing my time. Asynx Time Analyzer is just what people like me need. The best way to describe it would be to post the picture from the Asynz website.






















So, as you can see, there are basically just a ton of different categories that you can name. Then you just click the circle next to each category, and the timer for that category will start counting up. To stop, or pause, just click the bubble next to "Stop," That's about it.

It's a great little app, very simply written, but there's one problem I've had. If you accidentally do something "against the rules" in naming categories, such as naming something too long, and error will pop up. You close it, and it pops up again. It keeps popping up over and over, and you can't change the category while it's up, so you're stuck. The only way I found to fix it was to set a macro to automatically select the category and delete the name, which is an extreme hassle. Otherwise, it's great, if you wonder what percentage of your time do you spend the time on the different things on the computer.

*I did make the icon at the top based on the program's icon, so if you use it somewhere else, please let me know....and give credit where credit is due. :-)

Visit Asynx Time Analyzer website for download

1 comment:

  1. It was so good to see you acknowledging this topic, it really feels great. Thanks for sharing such a valuable information which is very hard to find normally. I have subscribed to your website and will be promoting it essay writing site to my friends and other people as well.

    ReplyDelete